The Event Supplier and Services Association (ESSA) has revealed the finalists in its annual awards, to be held at the ESSA Chairman’s Ball & Awards Night 2018, which follows the ESSA Conference, at Arena MK on Thursday 29th November 2018.
17 event industry professionals and organisations have been announced as finalists in four awards: The ESSA Young Person Award, The ESSA Unsung Hero Award, The ESSA Innovation of the Year Award and The ESSA Member Company Award. The finalists for the ESSA Outstanding Contribution to the Industry Award will be announced at the Chairman’s Ball & Award Night itself.
Andrew Harrison, ESSA director, said, “At last year’s conference we held the first ESSA awards, and they were met with such enthusiasm and acclaim that we resolved to widen the net with two additional categories this year, and make them a permanent feature of our annual conference.”
“Celebrating success and excellence,” continued Harrison, “is an important part of every industry, and we were delighted with the number and the calibre of the nominations we received. Choosing the winners from a field as strong as this will be a real challenge for the judging panel.”
The finalists are :
- ESSA Young Person Award 2018 – Natalie Badland, Freeman, Oliver Smart, Jonas Event Technology, Rebecca McIntosh, beMatrix UK
- ESSA Unsung Hero Award 2018 – Sophie Browning,Freeman, Paul O’Neil, Freeman, Leanne Hawkes, GES, Bernice Wiggett, GES
- ESSA Innovation of the Year (Tech and non Tech) Award 2018 – beMatrix UK, Evolved Hire Group, GES, Insite Graphics, Shinesmith, Visit & Poken by GES
- ESSA Member Company Award 2018 – beMatrix UK, A1 Event & Exhibition Cleaners, Aluvison, Perton Signs
- ESSA Outstanding Contribution to the Industry Award 2018 – The finalists and winner will be announced at the Chairman’s Ball & Award Night.